Enhancement to my homemade switch

To enhance my hairpin-switch, I first thought about how to leverage the "open and close" behaviour as we use a hairpin in our daily life. I wanted to connect both end of my hairpin (A and B) with a resistor and then I could make a slide rheostat but I found that I cannot find such a resistor and a wire would not do (since its resistor value is super low).  I have considered soldering several resistors to make a longer one but I guessed it would be not easy to slide the knob fluently as it could be stuck between two resistors.





Finally, I found a material called conductive rubber, which could do this job. Its resistance increases if you stretch it out while it drops if when it is blended.

In the video, you can see the subtle difference in brightness with the change of the conductive rubber.

Furthermore, I use Arduino default blinking program to make a blinking effect while its lightness changed simultaneously.


Please pay close attention to the change in the luminance.



dim/bright/dim/bright



Comments

Popular Posts